Chicken Fajita Stir-Fry is made with chicken breast, bell peppers, onions, lime juice, and seasonings for an easy dinner any time of the week.
Chicken fajita stir-fry is packed with flavor and serve with tortilla, rice, or even cauliflower rice for fewer carbs.
There was a Mexican restaurant in our town for many years that Mike and I would go to every once in a while. The only thing that we ever ordered at this restaurant was the chicken fajitas. We were in love with this item on the menu and never bothered to think about ordering anything else.
Then a few years ago they sold the restaurant and the restaurant changed the name and the menu. Yes, they still had chicken fajitas on the menu, but they were not the same as the one we fell in love with.
I think we went once and never returned. Kind of a sad thing.
Who knew that making fajitas at home would be so easy. It’s amazing how easy it is to make fajitas at home. All you need is a little time to marinate the meat, cut some vegetables and fry the whole thing up.
So easy and delicious.
What is a fajita?
A dish of Mexican origin made with strips of seasoned meat, slice vegetables, and usually the meat and vegetables are wrapped in a tortilla.
This time around I decided to skip the tortilla and serve it over cauliflower for fewer carbs. It was equally delicious.
Check out these easy chicken recipes:
- Mexican Chicken and Rice Skillet
- Chicken Wrap with Savory Cream Cheese Spread
- Quick Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
Chicken Fajita Stir-Fry
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divide
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 medium red pepper
- Slice the chicken breast into strips. In a large zip lock bag add the lime juice, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and seasoning. Add the chicken and turn the bag several times to coat the chicken well.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour or overnight.
- To fry the chicken add 2 tablespoons of oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the chicken and brown until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken and add the vegetables cook until the vegetables are tender about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the chicken back to the skillet and heat up.
- Serve with tortillas, rice, or cauliflower rice. Optional -top with avocado, cheddar cheese, and sour cream is desired.