Chicken Wrap with Savory Cream Cheese Spread made with cooked chicken, tomato, avocado, shredded lettuce, and a tasty savory cream cheese spread.
Chicken wrap with savory cream cheese spread is a simple wrap with a ton of flavor. The savory cream cheese spread takes this simple chicken wrap to the next level.
This wrap is a fun way to serve chicken and vegetables. It is chicken and veggies all rolled up in a tortilla shell for a delicious lunch or dinner.
- For the best results, use flour tortilla shells for this wrap.
- Use an 8-inch or larger tortilla shell for this recipe. I use an 8-inch for this recipe. The large tortilla shell will make it easier to roll up.
- Cooked chicken works well, but you can use leftover chicken, or rotisserie chicken would work as well.
- To make the cream cheese spread, use a food processor to blend everything together. I use a mini processor for this recipe. If you don’t have a food processor, chop the garlic and green onions into fine pieces. Cream all of the ingredients together with a whisk or a large spoon.
- Don’t make the wrap too far in advance, it is best to make the wrap shortly before you eat.
- If you are not making all of the wraps, store the ingredients individually in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
Steps for making this chicken wrap with savory cream cheese spread
In a food processor add the green onion and garlic. Process until finely chopped.
Add the cream cheese and sour cream and process until creamy. Add the milk and mix in.
Add the celery salt and process until well blended.
Make the wrap. Spread the tortilla with the cream cheese, top with the lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and chicken.
Fold the ends over, and roll the tortilla up. Cut in half to serve.
Here are some other easy meal ideas:
If you make this chicken wrap with savory cream cheese spread, I would love to hear about them! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
Chicken Wrap with Savory Cream Cheese Spread
- 3-4 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 3 green onion
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 8 8-inch tortilla shells
Savory Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic or to taste
- 2 to 3 green onions
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
Savory Cream Cheese Spread
- In a mini food processor add the green onions and garlic. Process until the green onion and garlic are finely chopped.
- Add the cream cheese and sour cream continue to process.
- Add the milk as you process to get the correct consistency.
- Add the celery salt and process until everything is smooth and well blended
- Once the chicken and the veggies are cubed, diced, and shredded it is time to make the wrap.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the spread on each of the tortilla shells.
- Top with the chicken, tomato, avocado, green onion, and lettuces. Fold in the ends and roll up. Cut in half and serve.
- Use a soft flour tortilla for the wrap. It will make the wrap easier to roll up.
- If you have leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken will work.
- Use a food processor for making the spread. If you don’t have a food processor us a sharp knife to finely chop the green onion and garlic.
- Make the wrap just before they are eaten.
- If not making all of the wraps at once, store each ingredient in individual containers.
This recipe was originally published on January 22, 2018. It has been updated with new content and pictures on July 27, 2023.