Peanut Butter Honey Cereal Bars, these cereal bars are so simple to make, they are not only delicious, but they come together quickly and they are my new time favorite bar recipe.
These peanut butter honey bars are a no-bake bar made with peanut butter, honey, Rice Chex cereal, peanuts, butter, vanilla and topped off with a drizzle of chocolate and peanut butter frosting.
Can you believe it that fall is right around the corner? In my neck of the woods, the trees are starting to change color just a bit. We have had a dry summer and that might be part of the changing of color, but I am sure that this time is of the year is helping it out.
With fall comes the start of the school year. My grandkids have almost two weeks in already. And if you think summer is busy the start of the school can be even busier. So it is nice to have a few quick recipes up your sleeve.
These peanut butter honey cereal bars are the perfect after-school snack. We all know how kids look forward to a great snack to eat after a long day of school. I can remember when I was a kid I always looked forward to the after-school snack.
What size of pan do you use for this recipe?
I used a 9 by 9-inch pan, but you can put them in an 8 by 8-inch pan. When putting them in an 8 by 8-inch keep in mind they will be a little thicker.
What is the best way to store these bars?
I like to store them in the refrigerator. Although you don’t have to refrigerate them, they will be a little bit on the gooey side.
Here some additional recipes for after-school snacks:
Peanut Butter Honey Cereal Bars
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups Chex Rice cereal
- 1 cup roasted peanuts divided
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- In a medium saucepan add the peanut butter, honey, and butter. Cook over medium-low to medium heat. Heat the mixture just until it is melted and blended together. No need to bring to a boil.
- Once the peanut butter mixture is to ready to add to the cereal and the 3/4 cup of the peanuts to the saucepan.
- Grease a 9 by 9-inch pan. Pour the cereal mixture into the pan and pat in with the back of a spoon or by hand. Place in the refrigerator for about 1/2 hour to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl add the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave the chocolate chips and peanut butter until melted (about 30 seconds intervals, stirring after every 30 seconds) Drizzle the frosting over the bars. Sprinkle the remaining peanuts over top.