Quick Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits is made with frozen vegetables and drop biscuits is a quick and easy one skillet meal for any day of the week.
Quick chicken pot pie with biscuits has a rich and creamy white sauce, mixed vegetables and yummy dropped biscuits. For me, it is the perfect food as the weather gets cooler or even on a warm day.
We have a wedding (our daughter’s wedding) coming up in less than a month now, our daughter-in-law and son are expecting their first baby any day ( she has gone over her due date now), and our niece is getting married in less than two weeks.
Whew, to say that my plate is full is a little underestimated. I am super excited for all of these big days to come but to be truthful I will be happy when it is the end of October and all these big days have come and gone. Is that a bad thing to say?
It seems like there is something always going on. I am thankful that I have one more shower left to go to, which will be next week. It will be a two-hour trip there and a two-hour trip back. I am not a person that likes to travel by myself, but I guess maybe I will have time to relax on the four-hour trip, I will let you know how it goes.
Well enough of the big events coming up in my life. I do have to say that I am excited about this quick chicken pot pie with biscuits because it’s a recipe that is easy and is on the dinner table in about a 45 minutes or a little less.
The chicken can be leftover chicken or made the day before. The biscuits are drop biscuits so there is no rolling out or cutting. And some of the vegetables are frozen so there is less cutting and makes life so much simpler.
The white sauce is made with cream and chicken broth which makes a rich thick sauce that sticks to the chicken and vegetables. Can you tell how excited I am?
Yep, I love this quick chicken pot pie with biscuits; it will be my go-to meal for a no stress dinner.
Here is some other recipe you may like:
Quick Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 large potato cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In an ovenproof skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add the celery, onion, and potatoes. Cook until the vegetables are getting tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add another tablespoon of butter and add the 3 tablespoons of flour. Stir until the butter and flour are blended and it makes a paste. Slowly add the cream stirring constantly. Once the cream is added slowly add the chicken broth.
- Cook until the cream and chicken start to thicken. Add the chicken and the frozen mixed vegetables. Reduce heat and simmer while the biscuits are mixed together
- To a medium bowl add the flour, baking, powder, and salt mix together. Add the shortening and cut in until coarse crumbs form. Add the milk and mix until the dough comes together.
- By teaspoon drop the biscuits on top of the hot chicken filling. Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve.