English Muffin Breakfast Pizza is a fun recipe that is perfect for a breakfast, brunch or any meal. English muffins are topped with eggs, Canadian bacon, green pepper, onion, cheeses, and Italian seasoning.
Not only is this recipe a fun recipe to make, it is also delicious. It is a recipe the whole family will enjoy.
This recipe is easy to change up. Instead of Canadian bacon try pork sausage, or pepperoni, or try different cheeses. The choices are unlimited. It is great for breakfast or brunch, but you can enjoy it for any meal of the day.
- Divide the English muffins evenly, so you have a sturdy base for each pizza.
- Toasting the muffins before adding the eggs will crisp them up and keep the muffins from getting soggy.
- Watch the English muffins closely while toasting them, you will not want them to get too brown.
- The green pepper and onion should be chopped fine. This will help with cooking time.
- The Italian seasoning is a great addition to the pizza, I would suggest that you add to the pizzas.
- The pizza are best when they are freshly made.
- I have not tried freezing these pizza, but if would like to freeze them I would freeze them after assembling them and before putting them under the broiler.
Steps for making English Muffin Breakfast Pizza
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Split each English muffin into two. Melt butter and brush the cut side of each muffin. Toast the muffins in the preheated oven while preparing the vegetables and eggs, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Add a teaspoon of butter, green pepper, and onion to a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are getting tender.
While the vegetables are cooking, add the eggs to a bowl or a measuring cup and beat to scramble them. Add the Canadian bacon that has been cut into small pieces and mix in. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the egg mixture to the skillet with the vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally until the eggs are set.
Remove the muffins from the oven. Top with the cooked eggs, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
Turn the broiler on for the oven. Place the pizzas in the oven and broil until the cheese is melted.
More easy breakfast recipes:
If you make this English muffin breakfast pizza, I would love to hear about it! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
English Muffin Breakfast Pizza
- 2 English Muffins split in half
- 1 tablespoon butter plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons green pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Canadian bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Italian seasoning optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Split two English muffins in half. Melt 1 tablespoon butter. Brush the cut side of each of the muffins and place in the oven to toast while preparing the vegetables and eggs.
- In a large skillet add 1 teaspoon butter, green pepper, and onion. Cook over medium heat for until the vegetables are tender. Stirring occasionally so they do not burn.
- While the vegetables are cooking prepare the eggs. Add the eggs to a bowl or measuring cup and beat the eggs until the yolk and whites are mixed together.
- Add the Canadian bacon and mix in. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the egg combination to the vegetables.
- Divide the English muffins evenly, so they are about the same size for each portion.
- Toast the muffins for a crisp base for the pizza and it will help prevent the pizza from getting soggy.
- If you don’t like Canadian bacon, you can switch it out for bacon, pork sausage, or whatever meat you enjoy.
- The Italian seasoning is optional, but I would recommended sprinkling it on top of the pizza, it goes well with the eggs.
- These pizza are best eaten when taken out of the oven.
- If you need to reheat, heat them in the oven. I would not recommend the microwave.
This recipe was originally published on October 23, 2014. It has been updated with new content, pictures, and some changes to the recipe on February 9, 2023.