Blueberry Cream Cheese Toast, a simple and delicious way to start your day, toasted French bread topped with cream cheese, honey and blueberries.
Blueberry cream cheese toast, it’s like having dessert for breakfast, it’s also quick and simple to make.
Don’t you think that sometimes the simple things bring the most pleasure in life? That is what I think of when I think of this blueberry cream cheese toast. This is really a simple concept and a really simple recipe, but it is so delicious.
We were watching Andrew Zimmern’s tv show one night. It is the one that he travels throughout the United States and eats at all of his favorite restaurants. I can’t remember which city he was in, but he was having toast with ricotta cheese and fruit. He was raving how delicious it was.
It got me thinking that I really should try something like that. I did change things up, I thought the cream cheese would be more to my taste. I am so happy that I tried this, it will be on the menu often.
Some of the reasons I think that you will love this recipe!
- It is so simple to make.
- The cream cheese and the blueberries are perfect together.
- It comes together fast.
- It is just plain delicious.
Looking for some other breakfast ideas? Check these out:
Blueberry Cream Cheese Toast
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 8 slices French bread about -inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small saucepan add the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and water. Over medium heat bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once the mixture comes to a boil and reduce heat, continue to cook 1 to 3 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken. The blueberries will thicken more as the cool. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the honey and lemon zest and beat in. Set aside.
- Cut 8 slices of French bread, each about 1-inch thick. Brush the top side of each slice with half of the olive oil. Place under the broiler until browned. Remove from the oven and flip the bread over and brush each slice of bread with the other half of the olive oil. Place under the broiler and brown this side. Remove from the oven.
- To assemble: Divide the cream cheese mixture between the 8 slice of toast. Spread evenly over the top of each toast. Divide the blueberries between the 8 slices of toast. Spread the blueberries over top of the cream cheese and serve.