No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls made with just a handful of ingredients. They are easy to make and they are a bit healthier than some cookies.
These balls make the perfect afternoon snack for a little pick me up, or a grab and go breakfast, or even for a dessert after a meal.
These no bake balls are perfect when you don’t want to turn on the oven, but you want something that is a bit sweet. You will love that they are a bit healthier than most cookies and you will be surprised how easy they are to make. Plus you may have everything in your kitchen right now.
- I like to use old fashion oats in this recipe, but you can substitute quick oats if you prefer.
- Mini chocolate chips work well in this recipe. I find that they are easier to work into the balls.
- Make sure to refrigerate the dough before you form the balls, this will set up the dough.
- To make these balls gluten free, make sure to use gluten free oats. Not all oats are gluten free.
- To make into balls scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough. The balls are about 1 1/2 inch in diameter. Actually you can make them into any size that you like. I have made them bite size before which are nice too.
- Use the palms of your hand to help form the balls. Make sure to press the dough tightly.
- You will want to store them in the refrigerator. They will keep for about one week in the refrigerator.
- If you would like to keep them longer than a week, you can place them in the freezer in an airtight container or a Ziploc bags.
Steps for making No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
Add the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined.
Stir in the oatmeal and mini chocolate chips.
Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour.
Form into balls using about 1 1/2 tablespoons for each one.
Add 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips with 1/2 teaspoon of shortening to a microwave safe bowl. Heat until melted.
Chop 2 tablespoons of peanuts. Drizzle the chocolate over top of the balls and sprinkle the nut on top of the chocolate.
Here are additional easy dessert/snack recipes:
If you make these no bake peanut butter oatmeal balls, I would love to hear about it! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl add the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla mix until well combined.
- Add the oatmeal and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and stir in.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 1/2 hour.
- Roll the the dough into balls using about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough. The balls should be about 1 1/2-inch ball.
- Add the 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl with the shortening. Microwave until the chocolate is melted. Microwave for 20 seconds at a time stirring between the 20 seconds.
- Drizzle the chocolate over top of the balls and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is dried.
- Place in a airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- I like using old fashion oats in the recipe. If you want the balls to not have big pieces of oats use quick oats.
- Refrigerate before you form them into balls. The dough will be easier to handle.
- Use about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough to form a ball that is about 1 1/2 inch ball.
- Make sure to pack the dough together tightly when forming the balls.
- You will want to store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week.
- If you want to keep them longer they can be frozen.
This recipe was originally published on June 12, 2014. It has been updated with new content, pictures, and some changes to the recipe on February 16, 2023.
These are almost TOO easy to make! I’d be eating them as if my life depended on it.
I think this would be a good recipe for me to try because I completely agree with you, I’d rather taste more peanut butter than honey.
Sue/the view from great island
These are so easy to make, and so healthy, I need to try them this week, thanks Dawn!
They are great as a breakfast on the go or afternoon pick-me-up!
Oooh, so yummy! I don’t like peanut butter in a sandwich, but add some honey and chocolate chips and I’m all in!!!