Apple Oatmeal Pancakes make a hearty breakfast and will keep you going through the morning. This recipe combines shredded apples along with oatmeal for a change to your everyday pancakes.
These pancakes are fluffy and light and are a treat for breakfast or a Sunday brunch. This recipe is a family favorite that I am sure your family will enjoy as well.
I love the combination of apple and cinnamon any time of the year. It is the perfect combination when it comes to these pancakes.
Pancakes are perfect for a lazy Sunday breakfast or brunch. They take very little effort to make and they always taste so good. I not only like these pancakes for breakfast, but they are perfect for an easy dinner idea. Serve them with some bacon or pork sausage and you are set.
- Make sure to grate the apples for this recipe. This will help so that you don’t have crunchy apples in the pancakes.
- One of the best ways to grate the apples is to use a box grater. It is fast and easy to clean up when you are done grating.
- I like to use quick oats for this recipe, but if you have old fashion oats on hand that will work as well.
- The skillet or griddle should be hot before adding the pancake batter.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a griddle to make the pancakes. An electric fry pan or a heavy skillet will do the trick.
- The batter for these pancakes is quite thick, I used a spoon to spread out the batter a bit.
- Make sure that the pancakes are bubbling and the edges are firm before you flip the pancakes.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 days.
Steps for making Apple Oatmeal Pancakes
In a large bowl combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
In another bowl combine the eggs, milk, oil, and shredded apples.
Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
Heat a griddle or a skillet over medium heat. Add about 1/3 cup batter to the skillet and cook until the pancake bubbles, then flip and cook until the pancakes are golden brown.
Serve immediately with your favorite syrup.
Check out these other breakfast recipes:
- Blueberry Honey Oat Breakfast Cake
- Tater Tot Breakfast Skillet
- Egg Sausage Breakfast Calzones
- Pumpkin Pancakes
If you make these apple oatmeal pancakes I would love to hear about it! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
Apple Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 apple about 2/3 cup shredded apple I used a Granny Smith apple
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup milk
- Butter for frying
- Combine the dry ingredients and mix together. In another bowl add the wet ingredients along with the shredded apple and mix together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. The mixture will still be a bit lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the butter to the griddle or skillet and make coat the frying area. Pour about a 1/3 cup of the batter onto the prepared griddle.
- Cook until the top of the pancake bubbles and the underside is lightly browned about 3 minutes. Turn over and continue to fry until the underside is browned. Making sure that the center of the pancake is cooked through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite syrup.
- Make sure to grate the apples for this recipe. Anything bigger you will probably end up with crunchy apples.
- Use butter or oil to lightly coat your griddle or skillet, so that pancakes don’t stick.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a griddle for making pancakes. You can use an electric fry pan or a heavy skillet.
- Heat the griddle before adding the batter.
- The leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 days.
- For reheating pancakes, the microwave works great. Heat until the desired temperature.
This recipe was originally published on February 3, 2016. It has been updated with new content and pictures on August 4, 2022.