Carrot Zucchini Cookies soft cookies that are chocked full of zucchini, carrot, and nuts are so delicious. This simple cookie recipe is easy to make and store well.
If you have a family that is not fond of vegetables this is a great way to hide them in a cookie. They will never suspect that there are any veggies in this treat. And I am positive that they will gobble these cookies right up.
This is an excellent recipe for anyone that grows zucchini in their garden. If you grow zucchini you know that you are always looking for new recipes to use the veggies up, this is one the whole family will love.
- The ingredients for these cookies should be at room temperature.
- Use the large holes on the box grater to shred the zucchini and carrots or a food processor will work as well.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the zucchini before adding it to the batter. You can place it on paper towels or a clean kitchen towel to help remove the excess water.
- The cookies are done when the tops are set and the edges are lightly browned.
- These cookies freeze really well. Make sure they are in an airtight container to freeze the cookies in.
Steps for making Carrot Zucchini Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet.
Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Set this aside.
In a large bowl combine the butter, brown sugar, and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the egg and vanilla and mix in.
Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until combined. Next mix in the zucchini, carrots, and nuts.
Drop by rounded teaspoon onto a prepared baking sheet and bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Cool on cooling racks once they come out of the oven.
Here are some more cookie recipes that I think you may like:
If you make these carrot zucchini cookies I would love to hear about it! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
Carrot Zucchini Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lining a baking sheet with parchment paper, a baking mat, or lightly grease it.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together, and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar, Beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Add the egg and mix in.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Mix in the zucchini, carrots, and nuts until blended.
- Drop by large rounded teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack until cooled.
- Make sure to have the ingredients at room temperature
- To grate the zucchini you can use a box grater. Use the large holes for grating, if you use anything else the zucchini will get mushy.
- Remove as much excess water from the zucchini as you can.
- The recipe calls for pecans. If you prefer you can use walnuts or they can be omitted, but I would highly recommend adding the nuts.
- These cookies freeze well.
This recipe was originally published on September 10, 2013. It has been updated with new content and pictures on August 11, 2022.