A great way to start your morning or a great dinner idea!
Yep, I have another blueberry recipe. I know that my last post was also about blueberries, but it is blueberry season and blueberries are cheap.
I am a big fan of pancakes. Blueberry pancakes are probably one of my favorites. Usually I just make my go to recipe for pancakes and sprinkle blueberries on top of the pancakes once they are frying in the skillet. But today I wanted something different.
I have been using a lot more oatmeal in recipes of late. I love oats in scones and muffins, so I decided to try them in pancakes for the first time.
The pancakes turned out fluffy and full of flavor. These would be great for breakfast, but I actually made them for dinner. For some reason I love pancakes for dinner.
If you love blueberry pancakes, you will have to check these out.
Blueberry Oatmeal Sour Cream Pancakes (Source: adapted from Damn Delicious)
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cups old-fashioned roll oats
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups blueberries
1. In a large bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In another bowl mix together sour cream, milk, butter, and eggs. Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and stir unit just moist.
3. Add the blueberries and gently toss to combine.
4. Preheat griddle to 350 degree F or a skillet on the stove over medium heat.
5. Coat the bottom of a skillet or griddle with a small amount of butter. Scoop about a 1/3 cup of batter onto the skillet.
6. Cook until the bubbles appear on top and the bottom is nicely browned. Flip pancake and continue to cook until the other side until browned about another minute or two.
7. Serve with your favorite syrup or toppings.