I love the name of these cookies Apple Doodle Cookies as much as I love the flavor.
I found this recipe called apple doodles; the name of the recipe caught my attention. It had the apples that I wanted and it sounded like something my family would enjoy.
I decided to change things around a bit, with a little icing and a couple of other things. The cookies were a big hit with my family; they were gone in no time.
Apple Doodle Cookies (Source: adapted from Taste Of Home)
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded apple (I used a mini food processor)
1 cup powder sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Enough milk or cream for a consistency to drizzle over cookies
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, add to the cream mixture and mix until well blended.
4. Add the apples and mix until well blended.
5. Drop by teaspoons about 3 inches apart on a light greased baking sheet.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and cool on wire racks to cool
7. While the cookies are baking make you icing. Add the powder sugar and cinnamon to a medium bowl and mix together. Add enough cream or milk to make it a consistency to drizzle over cookies. Add 1 teaspoon at a time. Beat until icing is smooth.
8. Once cookies are cooled. drizzle with icing.