Mushrooms on toast are easy to make and a great to serve as an appetizer or snack.
The past few of weeks I have sauteing mushrooms and serving them when my daughter comes on Friday evening. We both love mushrooms; I have been making them so she can give me her opinion for this recipe.
This weekend we were celebrating a couple of birthdays. Both my daughters were at the house, I made a batch of the mushrooms and put them on top of French bread that was toasted in the oven. I add some mozzarella since I love the combination of cheese and mushrooms.
We snacked on these mushrooms on toast as we were fixing the meal for the birthday meal.
Mike will not touch mushrooms, which I wish I could change, but I know it will not happen. I guess on the positive side of things that leaves more mushrooms for my daughters and me. I have to say that I am happy that my daughters have followed me and that they enjoy mushrooms as much as I do.
I sliced white mushrooms and sauteed them in butter, olive oil, and white wine along with onions until they were tender.
Then I used a crusty French bread for this mushrooms on toast. The slices are cut on the thin side. I toasted the French bread until it was golden brown on one side and then flipped it over and brown the other side as well.
Yum, I could eat mushroom on toast every day of the week.
- 16 ounces white mushrooms or your choice
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine
- 6 to 8 slices French toast
- Mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat add the butter. olive oil, and wine.
- Once the butter is melted add the onion and mushrooms.
- Sautee until the mushrooms are tender and caramelized.
- Cut 6 to 8 slices of French bread. Butter both sides.
- Bake in an oven that is set at 350 degrees F until golden brown on both sides.
- Top the toast with mozzarella cheese and set back in the oven until melted.
- Top with mushrooms and additional cheese if desired.
- Serve while hot.
If you like this recipe please check this one out.