Chicken lasagna roll ups, lasagna noodles stuffed with chicken, cheese, and all that other yummy stuff.
These chicken lasagna roll ups are a fun change up to your everyday lasagna. I made this for dinner on Sunday. We were celebrating my daughter and daughter-in-law’s birthday. This time of year is packed full of birthdays in our family. Every time you turn around someone is celebrating at this time of the year. I believe we are at the end of the birthdays for the rest of the year, but they will start again in February. I love birthday celebrations! Do you?
As I have mentioned on my blog when someone has a birthday in our family, they get to choose a meal that they would like me to cook. This time around my daughter-in-law requested something with chicken and my daughter was fine with chicken.
I have had chicken lasagna roll ups on my mind for some time and thought it would be the perfect time to make them for the family.
The lasagna noodles are covered with the chicken and cheese combination and then rolled up. They are great for individual servings. Served with your favorite spaghetti sauce and you will have a meal fit for a birthday.
What is your favorite way to serve lasagna?
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella - plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 green pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- Cook lasagna noodles following the directions on the box and set aside.
- In a food processor combine the onion, garlic, and green pepper, pulse until the vegetables are finely chopped.
- Add the vegetables to the chicken, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Lay out the lasagna noodles and divided the chicken mixture between the 9 noodles.
- Spread the mixture over the noodles and roll up.
- In a baking pan spread 2 cups of spaghetti sauce over the bottom of the pan. Place the lasagna rolls in the sauce.
- Top the rolls with additional spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cheese on top turn golden brown and the spaghetti sauce is bubbling.
If you like this one you may like this as well