Cream of Cauliflower soup is a rich soup, it is a delicious way to start a meal or as a lunch served with your favorite sandwich.
Cream of cauliflower soup made with just a few ingredients is a hearty and filling soup. It comes together in no time and I am sure you will love it.
Can you believe that Christmas is right around the corner? I had so many Christmas recipes floating around in my head that I was planning to post, but instead, I am posting cream of cauliflower soup. It is not a bad thing, really the soup is yummy.
But it seems every year I tell myself that this is the year that I will get a jump on things and have some great Christmas recipes to share and then the time comes and I am not ready. All I can say is maybe next year.
Making soup during the cold winter months is a big thing for me. There is nothing that is more satisfying for my lunch than a hot bowl of soup. My office that I work in is usually cold, so I look forward to something that will warm me up for lunch.
Yes, I could eat soup every day of the week. It’s hands down one of my favorite things that I love to eat. And some of the soups that I love the best are plain and simple, like this cauliflower soup.
If you are a soup lover like me give this cream of cauliflower soup a try.
Looking for more soup recipes to warm you up? Check these recipes out:
Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices crisp bacon crumbled
- In a Dutch oven melt 1/4 cup of butter over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and cook until tender about 8 to 10 minutes
- Add the cauliflower, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Stir in the flour until well blended. Gradually stir in the chicken broth, stirring constantly.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook for about 25 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Take a potato masher and mash the cauliflower until just the soup is just about smooth, leaving some of the cauliflower in small pieces.
- Add the heavy cream and stir in. Add the celery salt and stir in. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the bacon pieces. Serve
[email protected]'s Recipes
How delicious! Cauliflower is one of my favourite winter veggies and I love it esp. in soups. YUMMY!
David @ Spiced
I agree with you, Dawn…Christmas always seems like it’s so far away, and then all of a sudden, it’s here. And then all of my recipe ideas just get moved to the list for next year. I hear ya! 🙂 Anyways, I love a good soup, too, and this cream of cauliflower sounds like a winner. It sounds perfect for cold, snowy days…like today!
Hard to believe it’s almost Christmas! Wasn’t it just Valentine’s Day? 🙂 Anyway, love cauliflower, and love cream soups. So of course I love this soup — looks SO good! Thanks.
Time flies for sure! ‘Tis the season for soup too! It’s cold here, snow on the ground, and we love cauliflower so this is a great soup to try!