Honey Nut Granola makes a nutritional breakfast or snack at any time of the day. It’s delicious to eat and is so easy to make.
Honey nut granola made with a touch of honey, brown sugar, pecans, peanuts, and old fashion oats. Homemade granola is always delicious and it is easy to make.
One of my favorite things to snack on is granola. But, then who doesn’t love a good granola, right? When it comes to granola I like making my own. That way I can add the things I like to it and get exactly what I want. Not to say that it is so much cheaper to make it at home, than buying it in the store.
I made this batch of granola when my grandkids were visiting for the evening. They love to help me in the kitchen. Anytime they see me at my counter with bowls and measuring cups they are there in a second asking if they can help.
Of course, I am going to say yes. And the fact is that I love it when they help. Before long I am sure they will forget about wanting to help in the kitchen, so I need to take advantage of it while I can.
Usually, we pull up chairs to the counter so that I have one grandchild on each side of me. They take turns dumping the ingredients into the bowl. Then they take turns stirring the ingredients. It really is a blast!
When the food is done they are so proud that they were able to help in the preparation. They love tasting their creations. This granola was no exception, they loved it.
Back to the recipe, the nice thing about granola is you can dress it up as much as you want by adding dried fruit, nuts, spices… This one is more of a basic recipe, not a lot of dressing up, but I was looking for something simple this time around.
Honey nut granola would be a great snack over the holidays or maybe as a gift for someone who loves granola. Hope you give it a try.
Here are some other recipes you may want to make for the holidays:
Honey Nut Granola
- 4 cups Old Fashion Oats
- 1 cup pecans Coarsely chop
- 1/2 cup peanuts Coarsely chop
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a large cake pan with butter.
- Add the oats, pecans, peanuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan mix together the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla and heat until the coconut oil is melted and the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oats and stir until well combined. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Place the granola in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, remove and stir. Place back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, remove and stir. For crunchier granola back for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely. Stir in the chocolate chunk. Enjoy. Keep in an airtight container.