Chicken Enchilada Lasagna Roll-Ups pure comfort foods for any day of the week. Not your everyday chicken enchiladas, I have added a twist to the everyday chicken enchiladas, but they taste just as great.
I am sure that you will fall in love with these chicken enchiladas lasagna roll-ups as much as I have. We love Mexican food as much as Italian food in our house. This recipe combines our love of these two great foods.
Cold weather calls for hearty comfort foods. You will not be disappointed when you make these roll-ups. You will love how creamy the filling and who wouldn’t love all of that gooey cheese.
- Cooked chicken – Ground chicken can be used in its place.
- Sour Cream
- Green chiles
- Diced tomatoes
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cheddar cheese – Cotija or Monterey Jack can be used in its place.
- Mild Red Enchilada Sauce – Medium or hot can be used in its place.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the directions on the box.
- Cut the chicken into small bite-size pieces or the chicken can be shredded.
- Preheat the oven before baking the enchilada roll-ups.
- Roll the roll-ups as tight as you can.
- Place enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan before adding the roll-ups.
Steps for making these chicken enchilada lasagna roll-ups:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook the lasagna noodles according to the directions on the package. Once the noodles are cooked drain and cool.
Combine the cooked chicken (that has been cut into bite-size pieces), sour cream, green chiles, tomatoes, seasoning, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese until well blended.
Divide the filling among the cooled lasagna noodles. Roll up the noodles as tightly as you can.
Spread 2 cups of the red enchilada sauce of a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Add the lasagna rolls on top of the sauces. Pour the remaining 1/2 cup of the red enchilada sauce over top of the roll-ups. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Place the enchiladas roll-ups in the oven and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the roll-ups are heated through.
What to serve with chicken enchilada lasagna roll-ups:
- Refried beans
- lettuce salad
Check out these other easy chicken recipes:
Chicken Enchiladas Lasagna Roll-Ups
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups cooked chicken cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 ounces green chiles drained
- 1 cup diced tomatoes drained
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese divided
- 2 1/2 cup mild red enchilada sauce divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the lasagna using the directions on the box. When cooked drain and cool.
- Combine the chicken, green chilies, tomatoes, sour cream, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and mix until well combined. Mix in one cup of cheddar cheese
- Layout the cooled lasagna noodles and divide the chicken mixture between the 9 noodles.
- Spread the mixture over the noodles and roll up tightly.
- In the baking pan spread 2 cups of the enchilada red sauce over the bottom of the pan. Place the lasagna rolls in the sauce.
- Top the rolls with the remaining sauce and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the center is heated through.
- You can make the chicken a day before making this recipe.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Taste the seasoning as making the filling to make sure it is to your taste.