Chicken Curry Chili is a hearty meal the kind that sticks to your ribs and keeps you going, it’s full of flavor and is one of my favorite chili recipes.
This chicken curry chili is simple to make and comes together fast, it can be made the day before for a quick weekday meal.
I have mentioned before that Sunday evening is a time when some of my siblings will gather at my mom’s house. A few weeks ago when we got to my mom’s house my sister had a pot of chili simmering on the stove.
When she told me it was chicken curry chili I was surprised. Really, curry flavoring in chili form? Of course, I had to take a taste. It was delicious!
So it was put on my list of items to make for my blog… like make as soon as possible.
Even though it was delicious, I did tweak it just a bit. You know us food bloggers… always having to put our own spin on every recipe we make. This is a recipe that will be made over and over again this winter.
How to make chicken curry chili:
- Saute onions and garlic in a large Dutch oven until tender
- Add the remaining ingredients, cooked chicken, Navy beans, black beans, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the chili to a boil then reduce heat and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Here are more hearty soup and chili recipes I am sure you will love:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 to 3 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 2 cups` low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 15.5 ounce can Navy beans
- 15.25 ounce can pinto beans
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 5 teaspoons curry powder or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large Dutch oven heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
Add the chicken, chicken broth, coconut milk, beans, tomatoes and stir in. Season the chili with the seasonings.
Bring the chili to a boil and reduce heat continue to cook for 20 to 30 minutes.