Pumpkin Crumb Coffee Cake is a delicious dense coffee cake with all the wonderful fall spices such as cinnamon, ginger, spice, and cloves.
This pumpkin crumb coffee cake is a coffee cake that is perfect to add to your fall baking list.
I have been thinking of pumpkin recipes that I should make for the fall. When it comes to fall recipes pumpkin is a must in my book. I really love how pumpkin and the fall spices fill the house with such a wonderful aroma.
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I am sure your family would love to wake up to this coffee cake. One nice thing about this coffee cake is that you can make it the day before you serve it. So no heating up the oven on the holiday morning; the coffee cake will be ready to eat. One more thing about this coffee cake it is moister the second day.
Coffee cakes are never complete without a sweet streusel. This pumpkin crumb coffee cake is topped with a great streusel that includes brown sugar, oats, flour, spices, butter, and walnuts.
How to make this pumpkin crumb coffee cake:
Beat together the butter and the sugars. To mix the butter and sugar together I used my Kitchen Aid Mixer.
Add the eggs and mix well. The pumpkin is added next and mixed until combined. Sift together the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and spice add these to the wet ingredients and mix well. Spread the batter in a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
The last thing is to make the crumb topping. This is simple to make. Mix together the sugar, flour, oats, spices, and butter until well mixed.
Sprinkle the crumb topping over top of the coffee cake for 30 to 32 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
Looking for other breakfast cakes? Check these recipes out:
Pumpkin Crumb Coffee Cake
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup old fashion oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Sift together the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and spices set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix in and add pumpkin puree.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix in. Spread into the prepared pan.
- For the crumble mix together the 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, flour, old fashion oats, and walnuts. Add the butter and cut in until there are large crumbs that form.
- Sprinkle over the top of the coffee cake. Place the coffee cake in the preheated oven for 30 to 32 minutes. Cool on wire cooling rack.