Bacon Avocado Egg Salad, not your everyday egg salad, made with egg, avocado, onion, celery, sour cream, cumin, salt, and pepper.
This bacon avocado egg salad is a change up from your typical everyday egg salad, there is no mayonnaise the avocado is added to replace the mayonnaise.
Mike and I love a good egg salad sandwich. I usually blend the eggs with salad dressing (Miracle Whip), salt, and pepper and possibly a bit of pickle relish. During Lent it is our typical go to lunch on Fridays, but during the year we will sneak in an egg sandwich here and there.
I am all for healthier recipes and I love the flavor of the eggs and the avocado, so it really was a no-brainer to change out the salad dressing/mayonnaise for the avocado. And you know what I really didn’t miss the salad dressing.
The avocado brings a refreshing new taste to my old favorite egg salad sandwich. I can bet that if you try this sandwich you will not miss the mayonnaise either.
What are the benefits of eating avocados?
- Avocados contain a wide variety of nutrients. Including 20 different vitamins and minerals.
- Avocados contain more potassium than bananas.
- Avocados are loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Avocados are loaded with fiber.
- This is just a partial list, but when it comes to avocados they just plain healthy for you.
Looking for other breakfast recipes? Check these out:
Bacon Avocado Egg Salad
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 large avocado
- 2 slices crisp bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the pulp of the avocado. Peel the hard-boiled eggs and place in a small bowl along with the pulp from the avocado. Mash the two until well combined.
- Crumble the crisp bacon and add to the avocado and egg mixture. Chop the onion and celery and add it to the bowl. Add the remain ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the bacon avocado egg salad on your favorite bread and top with an additional slice of bread to make a sandwich.
- The calories for this recipe do not include the calories for the bread.