Peanut Butter Caramel Bars with a peanut butter cookie crust topped with a gooey caramel filling on top of all this a thick layer of chocolate peanut butter frosting.
Peanut butter caramel bars are the ultimate cookie bar for anyone that loves the combination of peanut butter, caramel, and chocolate. They are simple to make and so irresistible.
I am totally excited to be writing this post today. Chocolate and peanut butter are one of my favorite combinations and when you throw caramel into the mixture it takes it over the top. Mike is not a fan of peanut butter, he tries it every so often, but he just doesn’t like the flavor at all. So that means I don’t make a lot of dessert with peanut butter.
As I mentioned my daughter is getting married, like in less than two weeks. So when she had her bachelorette party I mentioned that I would help with the food. These bars were part of the food that I sent for the party.
Of course, I had to sample the bars before I packed them up for the party and they were so yummy. Yes, they were so yummy that I had to make them again later the same week. Can you say good-bye diet? No, I didn’t keep them all for myself.
I shared them with my mom and my kids. The last of the bars were sent home with my youngest son because I couldn’t stop myself from sneaking a bite every once in a while. Yeah, they are really that good.
As I mentioned before these bars are easy to make. The bottom is a basic peanut butter cookie, the caramel is a bag of caramel bits (melted with cream), and the frosting is chocolate chips and peanut butter. But the combination is excellent, total yum.
If you are a peanut butter fan you really need to make these peanut butter caramel bars ASAP.
Here are some other simple cookie/bar recipes:
Peanut Butter Caramel Bars
- 1 cup peanut butter divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 11 ounce caramel bits Kraft
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking pan.
- Cream together 1/2 cup of the peanut butter and butter and then add the sugar and brown sugar and blend together. Mix in the egg and then the vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the peanut butter mixture and mix until well blended.
- Pat the dough into the prepared pan. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 22 to 24 minutes.
- Once the crust is baked remove it from the oven and melt the caramel bits. Place the caramel bits in a microwave-safe bowl along with the cream. Microwave until melted stirring about every 30 seconds. Pour the melted caramel over the bars.
- Set the bars on a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Add the milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and the remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and melt together. Mixing every 30 seconds. Blend together and spread over the cooled bars.