Italian Sausage and Pepper Pasta is a simple dish that is loaded with great flavor and is one of my favorite comfort foods.
This Italian sausage and pepper pasta is an easy meal that you can make any day of the week. The peppers and onions can be cut up the day before to make the meal even faster.
Mike and I love Italian sausage! It is one of my favorite toppings on pizza, for meats in lasagna, or when making a dish with pasta. It doesn’t matter if it is mild or hot it is one of my favorite comfort foods.
I love simple dishes like this. This dish as you can see doesn’t have a sauce added to it (I really don’t think it needs one), but if you prefer to serve it with a sauce a red sauce would work great.
What kind of pasta can you serve with a Italian sausage and pepper pasta?
This dish was made with penne, but you can use your favorite pasta or you can use these kinds of pasta rotini, farfalle, rigatoni, or ziti just to name a few.
What to serve with Italian sausage and pepper pasta?
- Garlic toast
- Green salad with a variety of veggies and your favorite salad dressing
- Fresh fruit (I love serving fresh fruit with my meals)
- Roasted vegetables
Check out more pasta dish!
Italian Sausage and Pepper Pasta
- 5 links hot Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1` large green bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Cut the Italian sausage links into bites size pieces about 1-inch. In a large skillet cook the sausages until no longer pink. Remove from the skillet and set aside
- While cooking the Italian sausage cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. Once the pasta is done, drain and set aside.
- Once the sausage is removed from the skillet pour of any grease that may be in the skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil along with the peppers and onion.
- Cook over medium heat until peppers and onions are tender. add the garlic, cherry tomatoes, and basil and cook another 1 to 2 minutes or until the tomatoes start to get a little soft.
- Add the Italian sausage, pasta and toss until well mixed. Mix in the mozzarella cheese. Heat until the cheese is melted and the sausage and pasta are heated through. Serve