This Easy Shrimp Taco Recipe is sure to be a hit with your family; the tacos are made up of spicy shrimp, pico de gallo, and a creamy avocado sauce.
This easy shrimp taco recipe comes together quickly and you can chop the vegetables up for the pico de gallo the day before.
If you want to shake up your taco Tuesday why don’t you try shrimp rather than the traditional ground beef? You can combine the seasoning for the shrimp the day before also. With a few steps done the day before you will have the tacos done in no time at all.
We like eating our tacos with soft flour tortillas but feel free to change this up with a corn tortilla. The pico de gallo does not have cilantro, but if you love the taste of the cilantro feel free to add it. Sorry, but I am one of those people that really doesn’t care for the taste of cilantro.
The spicy shrimp, pico de gallo, and the creamy avocado sauce come together to make one terrific tasting taco.
What is the difference between pico de gallo and salsa?
Pico de gallo has very little liquid to it, whereas salsa is a thinner consistency and has more liquid. Pico de gallo can actually be used as a side dish if you like.
What seasonings are used for the shrimp in this easy shrimp taco recipe?
The seasoning for the shrimp is as followed – cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, oregano, and salt. Super tasty!
Do you love eating shrimp? I have more recipe that you can try:
Easy Shrimp Taco Recipe
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Pico de gallo
- 1 large tomato about 2 cups chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion about 3/4 cup chopped
- 1/2 green pepper about 1 cup chopped
- 1/2 red pepper about 1 cup chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper or more
- 1 clove garlic minced
- juice from 1/2 lime
- salt to taste
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 8-inch flour tortilla shells
- Clean the shrimp and set aside. Combine the cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, oregano, and salt. Combine the shrimp and the spices, toss until the shrimp is well coated. Let the shrimp rest while you prepare the avocado sauce.
- For the Pico de gallo, combine the tomato, onion, peppers, and garlic, mix well. Add the lime juice and mix. Season with salt to taste. (The vegetables can be chopped the day before).
- For the avocado sauce combine the avocado, sour cream, lime juice, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder in a mini food processor. Process until the ingredients are well mixed and creamy. Season with salt to taste.
- Let the shrimp rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. Add the prepared shrimp, cooking about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until the shrimp turn pink.
- To assemble the tacos, divide the shrimp between the tortilla shells. Top with the Pico de gallo and drizzle the avocado sauce over the Pico de gallo. Serve