Crispy Parmesan Chicken an easy delicious chicken recipe made with a Parmesan crust; it is perfect for any weeknight dinner, and your family will love it.
This crispy Parmesan chicken is super is easy to make. The prep time is about 15 minutes and cook time is about 12 minutes; you will have dinner on the table in no time at all.
I am back to blogging. This past week we have had Mike’s side of the family visiting from Florida, Wisconsin, Chicago, and St. Paul. Needless to say, we had a full house, but I loved it. There was a lot of game playing, food, and laughter during their visit. Now that they are gone the house is too quiet.
I love easy meals and this crispy Parmesan chicken fits the category. It is super simple to make and is great for adults as well as kids.
It goes well with a side salad for a light dinner idea or serve it with your favorite dipping sauce with a side of potatoes or rice.
How to make crispy Parmesan chicken:
Cut 2 chicken breast in half the lengthwise. Set up three bowls. Add the flour to the first bowl, beat the egg with water in the second bowl, and add the panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and finely chopped basil.
First, dredge the chicken in the flour, shake off any excess flour. The second step, dip the chicken in the egg. Third coat the chicken with the Parmesan panko mixture.
Fry the chicken in a skillet with olive oil that is heated over medium heat until it is browned and no longer pink in the center. Enjoy!
Check out these other chicken recipes:
Crispy Parmesan Chicken
- 2 large chicken breast cut in half the lengthwise
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon basil finely chopped
- 4 -5 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut two large chicken breast the lengthwise. Season with salt and pepper. Set up your workstation, one bowl for the flour, one bowl for the egg, and a bowl for the panko and Parmesan mixture.
- Beat the egg with two tablespoons of water. Mix the panko, shredded Parmesan cheese, and the basil together.
- Dredge the chicken in flour. Dip in the beaten egg. Coat the chicken with the panko mixture
- Heat a skillet with olive oil, about 2-3 tablespoons or so the bottom of the skillet is coated. Add more oil as needed. Fry each chicken piece for 5 to 6 minutes on both sides or until they are nicely browned and the inside is no longer pink.
- Serve immediately. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or without. Either way is yummy.