Lemon basil shrimp is a tasty dish with shrimp, lemon, garlic, and fresh basil. It is a simple dish that is easy to make and is ready in no time at all. Serve it with rice, noodles, or a side salad.
There is nothing better than to have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes, especially when it comes to a weeknight dinner. This dish is made in one skillet, making cleanup so much easier.
I am big on simple and easy-to-make dishes during the week or any time of the week. This recipe fits the bill for each category. Simple flavor and super easy to make. If you are a shrimp lover, this is one that I think you will enjoy.
- Raw shrimp works best for this recipe. This dish will have more flavor with the raw shrimp virus using cooked shrimp.
- It doesn’t matter the size of shrimp that you use, but it will change the cooking time.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp. Once the shrimp turns pink and the and opaque grayness is gone the shrimp is done. The internal temperature of the shrimp should be at 120 degrees F.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have fresh basil on hand, you can use dried basil. To substitute, for one tablespoon of fresh basil, you can use one teaspoon of dried basil.
- This dish is best eaten when it is fresh, but if you have leftovers store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- If you have leftover shrimp, I would suggest reheating it on the stove. Heat a skillet with just enough oil to lightly cover the bottom. Once the oil is heated add the shrimp and heat until the shrimp are warmed through, turning once.
Steps for making Lemon Basil Shrimp
Heat butter and oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
Add the lemon slices and minced garlic and cook for one to two minutes.
Add the shrimp and cook for two to three minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.
Season with salt and pepper. Toss in the basil. Serve.
Check out these other shrimp recipes:
If you make this Lemon Basil Shrimp I would love to hear about them! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
Lemon Basil Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp cleaned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon Sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the lemon slices and garlic. Cook for a minute or two until the lemon and garlic start to soften.
- Add the shrimp cook until the shrimp are pink about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper Add basil and mix in. Serve with pasta, rice, or a salad.
- Use raw shrimp for this recipe. The size of shrimp is what you like. Just remember that different sizes may vary in cooking time.
- Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. Once the shrimp turn pink and there is longer any of the gray opaque color on the shrimp, the shrimp is done.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have fresh basil on hand, dried basil can be used as well. Just remember that you use 1 teaspoon of dried basil for every 1 tablespoon of fresh basil.
- Any leftover shrimp can be store in an airtight container for 3 t0 4 days in the refrigerator.
This recipe was originally published on July 24, 2017. It has been updated with new content and pictures on March 17, 2022.