Garlic shrimp tortellini, with tender shrimp and pasta, is so simple to make it is great for your weeknight meals.
The shrimp and pasta only take minutes to cook, Some of the prep work can be done in advance to get this dish on the table in no time at all. Dinner is on the table in about 20 minutes with this recipe.
You are going to be surprised at how easy this dish is to make. I am sure you will make it over and over again. You can never go wrong with a shrimp and pasta dish.
- I like using large shrimp in this dish, but you can use any size of shrimp you like. Just remember that the cooking time may be different.
- Cook the shrimp until they are pink and opaque. It should only take 4 to 5 minutes, depending on the size of the shrimp.
- Use the cooking directions on the box for cooking the tortellini.
- I like using no-salt diced tomatoes for a healthier dish.
- If there are leftovers, store them in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.
- I would not recommend freezing leftovers.
- To reheat, pop in the microwave and heat to the desired temperature.
Steps for making Garlic Shrimp Tortellini
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes
Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until they turn pink. Cook the pasta while preparing the shrimp
Add the diced tomatoes and cheese and toss everything together
Add the cooked tortellini and mix until everything is combined.
Stir in the seasoning.
Check out these recipes for weekday dinners:
If you make this Garlic Shrimp Tortellini. I would love to hear about it! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
Garlic Shrimp Tortellini
- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons onion chopped fine
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 19 ounce bag cheese tortellini
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon basil dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the tortellini according to the direction on the bag. Once the pasta is done, drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and onion to the skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Add the shrimp and cook until they are starting to turn pink.
- Add the diced tomatoes and Parmesan cheese and mix in.
- Toss in the cooked tortellini. Add the red pepper flakes and basil and mix in.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- I like large shrimp in this dish, but you can use the size that you like, but it may change the cooking time.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- I would not recommend freezing this recipe.
- To reheat pop in the microwave and heat to the desired temperature.
This recipe was originally published on May 8, 2017. It has been updated with new content and pictures on November 2, 2022.