I love cold pasta salads in the summertime, this cold Parmesan cheese pasta salad is an easy salad to make and perfect for the warm summer weather.
I am finally starting to use the herbs in my garden. Fresh herbs seem to have so much more flavor than the dried ones that you buy in the store. So I have to say that I am enjoying having them in the garden this year. Hopefully I will have more posts featuring more of the herbs from our garden,
My herbs thank goodness are doing well, but not so for some of the other things in our garden. This year we have an abundant amount of rabbits hanging around the garden, so the rest of the garden is not doing so well. We have a few broccoli plants that the rabbits seem to love and there is not much left of them. Then there are the green beans, I think that they love those even more than the broccoli plants. Just the stems of the green bean plants are left and when they start to grow out a little bit the rabbits are right there to eat them off again.
The funny thing is that we have lettuce in the garden and they have not eaten any of that. I was sure if they would eat anything that they would have been all over the lettuce. Oh yeah, then there are the potted plants behind the house, they seem to like those too. My flower plants are just stubs now. I have decided that I am not a fan of rabbits.
Well back to the recipe. As I mentioned this is a simple pasta salad that comes together quickly. The Parmesan cheese along with the fresh herbs, onion, and garlic make this salad the perfect side for any dish. You can add different vegetables if you prefer to change it up a bit, but it is tasty with the onion and green pepper.
- 16 ounce box of your favorite pasta
- 20 or more cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons red onion minced
- 1/2 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste optional
- Cook box of pasta according to the directions on the box
- While the pasta is cooking prepare the vegetable and the herbs.
- Once the pasta is cooked,cool completely add the prepared vegetables and herb and mix until well blended.
- In a container that has a tight lid add the olive oil, white wine vinegar, and Parmesan cheese, shake until blend. Add to the pasta and mix well. Add salt if desired to taste.