- 16 ounce Rotini pasta
- 15 cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons red onion minced
- 1/2 medium green pepper chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste optional
Cook box of pasta according to the directions on the box
While the pasta is cooking prepare the vegetable for the salad.
Once the vegetables are ready for the salad make the dressing. In a food processor add the garlic and herbs. Process until everything is finely chopped.
Add the olive oil and white wine vinegar and process until well blended. Finally, add the Parmesan cheese and process until mixed in.
When the pasta is done cooking drain using a colander, rinse with cool water. Drain completely.
When the pasta is cooled add the vegetables and toss in.
Add about 1/4 to 1/3 of the dressing and toss making sure that the pasta is coated. Just before serving add the remaining dressing and toss in.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with brands of ingredients used.
- Cook the pasta using the directions on the box.
- Use pasta that is short in size, it will make it easier to serve and to eat.
- Rotini, fusilli, and farfalle are some of the pasta that will work well for this recipe.
- Don't add all of the dressing when making the salad. Reserve some of the dressing and add just before serving it. Keep in mind that pasta likes to soak up the dressing.
- If there are leftovers and the pasta seems a little dry add some additional olive oil and toss in.
- Remember to season well, cold pasta salad needs more seasoning than a hot pasta dish.
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.2g | Protein: 7.2g | Fat: 10.2g | Saturated Fat: 1.8g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 60mg | Potassium: 460mg | Fiber: 3.5g | Sugar: 5.7g | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg