Cream Cheese Brownie Pie is a combination of cream cheese and a fudgy brownie bottom for a rich decadent dessert. This dessert will satisfy all of those chocolate lovers out there.
I love fudgy brownies the fudgier the better and this recipe offers that. Then you have the cream cheese topping for another layer of deliciousness. The chocolate ganache tops off the pie for more chocolatey goodness. You could say that this is just about a chocolate overload.
There are a few steps to making this recipe, but it is simple enough that even a beginner baker can make this easily. Even though it is simple to make you are sure to impress your family with this recipe.
- Don’t reduce the butter in this recipe. Fudgy brownies have a high-fat content.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate chips just until the chips are melted. You should heat the chocolate and butter over medium heat.
- Don’t overbeat the eggs when adding them to the chocolate mixture. Overbeating adds too much air into the batter that causes the brownie part of the pie cakier than fudgy.
- Make sure that you have the cream cheese and the egg at room temperature.
- Let the pie cool completely until you cut it. It will cut easier once it is cooled.
Steps for making Cream Cheese Brownie Pie
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 or 9-inch pie dish.
Add the 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter to a medium saucepan, melt together over medium heat, stirring often.
Add the 1 cup of sugar and mix it in. Add the 2 eggs one at a time and mix just until they are mixed in.
Fold in the flour until it is just mixed in, do not over mix. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
While the brownie bottom is baking make the cream cheese topping.
In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer for about 30 seconds. Add the sugar and mix it in. Add the egg and mix just until it is mixed in. Mix in the vanilla. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
Once the brownie bottom has baked for 15 minutes remove from the oven. Spread the prepared cream cheese over the top of the brownies. Be careful to spread the cream cheese carefully not to tear the top of the brownies.
Place back in the oven and continue to bake for another 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is starting to brown.
Place on a cooling rack once the pie is removed from the oven and cool for about 30 minutes
While the pie is cooling make the chocolate ganache. Add 1/2 cup of cream to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Once it comes to a simmer add 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips and cover for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir the chocolate chips and the cream until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Optional sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips. Cool completely before serving.
Do you love chocolate desserts? Check out these additional recipes:
Cream Cheese Brownie Pie
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup flour
Cream cheese topping
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 or 9-inch pie dish with shortening.
- Add the butter and the semi-sweet chocolate chips to a medium saucepan. Over medium heat heat the butter and chips until they are melted together and smooth. Stirring frequently.
- Add the 1 cup of sugar and stir until the sugar is blended in. Add the two eggs one at a time, mixing just until they are stirred in. Fold in the flour until mixed in.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pie pan. Place the pie dish into the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the brownie bottom is in the oven, prepare the cream cheese topping.
- Place the cream cheese in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer for about 30 seconds or until lightly fluffy. Add the 1/4 cup sugar and mix it in.
- Add the egg and mix just until the egg is mixed in. Mix in the vanilla. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Once the brownie bottom is done remove from the oven. Spread the cream cheese topping over top the brownie bottom, being careful not to tear the top of the brownies.
- Place back into the oven and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes or until the top of the cream cheese starts to brown.
- Remove from the oven and set on a cooling rack for about 30 minutes.
- While the pie is cooling make the chocolate ganache. In a small saucepan add the 1/2 cup of cream and bring to a simmer
- When the cream comes to a simmer remove it from the heat and add the 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips. Cover and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
- When the 2 or 3 minutes is done stir the cream and chips until the mixture is smooth. Drizzle the chocolate over the cool pie.
- Cool the pie completely before serving.
- Use cream cheese and eggs that are room temperature.
- Don't reduce the butter in the brownie pie. You will need it so that the brownies stay fudgy.
- Don't overbeat the egg when making the cream cheese topping.
- Cool the brownie pie completely before cutting.