Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake an easy chocolaty dense moist cake; that is pure heaven for all you chocolate lovers out there.
Chocolate peanut butter dump cake is made with a cake mix, a small box of pudding, evaporated milk, peanut butter cups. I topped the cake with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, peanut butter, more peanut butter cups and milk chocolate chips.
We celebrated our son-in-laws birthday last weekend with a birthday dinner. Before I ask him what he would like for dessert I knew what he would say. Anything with chocolate and peanut butter.
He is a guy with good taste. You can never go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate.
Since my family never goes with traditional birthday cakes, I knew that the chocolate dump cake would be perfect. Let me tell you it was a hit.
What is a dump cake?
It is a simple dessert usually made with a cake mix. The ingredients are dumped together, then mixed together, and spread in a baking dish. A very easy dessert to make with an amazing turnout.
How to make this chocolate peanut butter dump cake?
Start by mixing together a chocolate cake mix, a box of chocolate instant pudding, evaporated milk, and chopped peanut butter cup. Spread the mixture in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees F.
Do you have to add topping to the cake?
No, the cake is delicious by itself. Although the whipped cream compliments the cake.
Are you a chocolate lover? Here are some other chocolate recipes to tickle your taste buds.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup peanut butter cups chopped
Topping for cake
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 - 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter cups chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons chocolate ice cream topping/syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter heated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch pan.
- Dump the chocolate cake mix, chocolate instant pudding, and evaporated milk into a medium bowl mix together. Add the 1 cup of chopped peanut butter cups and mix in.
- Spread into cake mixture into the prepared pan. Place the pan in the oven and bake 28 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Place the whipping cream and powdered sugar in a medium bowl. With an electric mixer beat until stiff peaks form. Taste for sweetness. Frost the cake with the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the 1/4 cup chopped peanut butter and chocolate chips over top of the whipped cream.
- Place the peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat at 10-second intervals, stirring after every 10 minutes. Heat until the peanut butter is a runny consistency about 40 seconds.
- Drizzle the heated peanut butter and chocolate topping/syrup over the top of the peanut butter cups and chocolate chips. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Expect that the batter will be very thick.
- The whipped topping goes great with the cake but is optional.
- The cake will keep a couple of days in the refrigerator.
- The cake can be made the day before.