Chocolate cake brownies a soft and chewy brownie that the whole family will love; you will find yourself making them over and over again.
Chocolate cake brownies not as dense as a fudge brownie but they have the texture more of a cake. My family loves brownies and these are no exception.
Friday nights are usually pizza night at our house. Yeah, usually it is frozen pizza. I know not a very glamours dinner for a food blogger. But after working a full week I am ready for a little break. It is an evening when our son, daughter, and grandchildren come for dinner and games.
Frozen pizza may be the main course, but there is usually something a little better for desserts. Brownies are hands down the favorite of everyone that gathers at our house on Friday night. I sometimes like to make a dense chewy brownie, but other times I like these chocolate cake brownies.
There are some Friday nights when brownies are on the menu that we just eat brownies, but then there are nights when the brownies are turned into brownie sundaes. My favorite.
That is exactly what happened the last time I made these brownies. They were topped with ice cream, caramel sauce and whipped topping. Oh, yum. Sorry, I wasn’t able to get any pictures of the brownie sundaes, we were too busy eating. Maybe next time.
That is one thing that I love about brownies, there are so many different ways to make them and so many ways to dress them up. What is your favorite type of brownie; dense and chewy or soft like cake?
Here are some other yummy sweet you may like:
Chocolate Cake Brownies
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch pan.
- Add the cocoa and butter to a small sauce. Melt the butter and cocoa together over low heat. Once the butter it is melted and the cocoa is blended in set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat egg for a minute or two with an electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar while beating it in. Add the vanilla and mix in.
- Take the chocolate mixture and mix in until well combined. Sift together the flour and salt and mix in.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and place in the oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not over bake.