Baked Spanish Rice Recipe, white rice with a mixture of green pepper, onion, garlic, and tomato; the perfect side dish to any Mexican meal.
Baked Spanish rice recipe is super simple to make and is baked in the oven and comes out darn near perfect.
When we go out to eat I am always excited about the Spanish rice that is served with the meal. Did you know that it is super easy to make at home? And you know what they say homemade is always so much better. So true!
I had mentioned a while back that we celebrated our son-in-law’s birthday a few weeks back. He requested tacos for his dinner. Spanish rice came to mind for one of the sides. It was perfect and everyone loved it with the tacos.
Have you ever tried baking rice?
I actually just started baking rice. Believe when I say it is super easy and that I love it. It comes out perfect every time.
How do you make baked Spanish rice?
You start the recipe on the stovetop. In a cast iron skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper, and garlic saute until the veggies start to get tender. Once the onion and green pepper start to get soft add the chopped tomatoes into the mixture and stir in. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil remove from the heat, and cover with aluminum foil and bake for approximately forty minutes (stirring once about halfway through) Then remove the foil and bake another ten minutes and there you have it… Spanish rice.
Looking for some other rice recipes? Check these recipes out:
Baked Spanish Rice Recipe
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large Roma tomatoes
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup white rice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper, and garlic saute until the vegetable begins to soften about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook another minute or two. Add the chicken broth, tomato paste, rice, and the seasoning. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Cover the skillet with aluminum foil and place in an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees F. Bake for 40 minutes stirring once in the middle of the baking time. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 10 minutes