Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip is super easy to make. It is a recipe you mix and bake in the oven. It is ready to serve when it comes out of the oven.
Cheesy chicken enchilada dip made with cream cheese, sour cream, green chiles, cheddar cheese, seasonings, and enchilada sauce.
We are a family that likes our dips. Whether it is a dip for veggies or chips it doesn’t matter we love them. When the kids come home for a visit I usually make some dip for a snack when playing cards or games.
- The cream cheese should be at room temperature. It will help with combining it with the other ingredients
- Make sure to mix all the ingredients so that they are well combined. This will ensure that the dip will bake evenly.
- I like to make this dip in a 10-inch cast iron skillet. If you don’t have a skillet, you can use a 10 by 13-inch baking pan or a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
- This dip can be reheated in the oven that is preheated to 350 degrees F or reheat in the microwave to the desired temperature.
Ingredients for Enchilada Dip
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Cooked Chicken
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Green Chiles
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
Steps for making chicken enchilada dip
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the cream cheese and the sour cream until well combined.
Mix in the red enchilada sauce, chicken, chiles, seasonings, and cheese in a large bowl.
Spread the dip into a cast iron skillet or an oven-proof baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven until the top is browned and the edges are bubbly.
Serve the dip.
What to Serve with this dip?
- Tortilla chips are a winner with this dip. This is my family’s favorite way to eat this dip.
- Potato chips
- Vegetables – celery or carrot sticks
Check out these dip recipes:
If you make this Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip, I would love to hear about it! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 4 ounces green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cream cheese and the sour cream. Mix in the cooked chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin. Add the cheddar cheese and mix until well combined
- Put the dip into an oven proof container. (I have used a 1 1/2 quart Corning Ware dish). Place the dip into the preheated oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the top is slightly browned.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, chips…
- The cream cheese should be at room temperature, for easier mixing.
- Cut the cooked should be cut into small pieces.
- For more heat use hot enchilada red sauce.
- Have the oven preheated before placing the dip in the oven.
- Leftovers can be placed in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- To reheat leftovers heat in the oven or microwave to the desired temperature.
This recipe was originally published on April 9, 2018. It has been updated with new content and pictures on December 21, 2023.