Chicken Jalapeno Popper Dip is the perfect dip for the next game day or your next get-together it tastes great with crackers or tortilla chips.
Chicken Jalapeno made with cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, onion powder, garlic powder, and of course jalapenos.
I love making dips with cream cheese and sour cream, there is just something about the flavor of these dips that I think taste great. This is one of those dips.
But to tell the truth it took me a while to get this dip to the point that I would put the recipe on my blog. I made little changes to the recipe until I finally got it to the right flavor.
The last time I made it the family was gathered for a birthday dinner for our son Jon. I love testing out my recipes on my family, they usually are honest and tell me how it really is. My mom happened to be at the birthday dinner that day too.
I actually didn’t encourage her to taste this dip, because I had my doubts that she would care for it. But she loved it, that is when I knew that the dip was a winner.
So back to the dip. The dip is creamy and the jalapenos add a touch of heat, but not a lot. Feel free to add more jalapenos if you are looking for more heat.
My favorite way to eat this is with crackers while others loved it with tortilla chips. What do you like to eat dips with crackers or chips?
How to cut a jalapeno pepper:
Cut the stem off of the pepper and then cut in half. Use a spoon or fingers to remove the seeds and the membrane. Make sure if using your fingers to have gloves to prevent your hands being burnt. Flatten the pepper with the palm of your hand. Cut into strips and placing the strips together cut the strips into the length you want.
Looking for more dip ideas? Check these out:
Chicken Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup jalapenos finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer. Add in the sour cream and mayonnaise and mix in. Beat in the garlic and onion powder.
- Add the chicken, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos and fold in.
- Spread in a 10-inch baking dish or a 9 by 13-inch baking pan
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with crackers, chips, or vegetables.