Cheeseburger Dip all the flavors of your favorite cheeseburger made into a dip, serve it with toasted french bread slices, tortilla chips, or crackers.
Cheeseburger dip made with ground beef, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped tomato, and flavored with salt, pepper, pickle juice, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and mustard.
I have been playing around making different dips. There have been a few family gatherings of late so I have been using my family as guinea pigs. They never complain about the job, so I guess they don’t mind being my taste testers.
I love using cream cheese in dips, I love the flavor that it gives to them. The pickle juice in this dip gives a nice tang to the flavor along with the ketchup and mustard.
What cheese should you use for the cheeseburger dip?
I use a mild cheddar in this dip. But you could use American, mozzarella, pepper jack, Colby jack, or even Velvetta would work for this dip.
Do you have to bake the cheeseburger dip in a skillet?
No, you will have to brown the ground beef and the onions in the skillet and once you have added the other ingredients you can transfer it into baking dish and bake it. But, if you make it in an oven proof skillet it is nice not to have all the extra dishes to clean.
If you love dips like I do check out these other dip recipes:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an ovenproof skillet brown the ground beef and onions until the ground beef is no longer pink and the onions are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain any grease for the ground beef. Cut the cream cheese into chunks and add to the ground beef mixture. Stir until the cream cheese is melted and blended in.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, pickle juice, ketchup, and mustard and mix in. Stir in the finely chopped tomatoes and 2 cups of cheddar cheese. Mix until well blended.
- Place the skillet into the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the remain 1 cup of cheddar cheese, and place bake into the oven. Bake another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with toast French bread slices, chips, or crackers