Carrot Quick Bread a simple delicious quick bread loaded with carrots, pecans, and the great flavor of cinnamon. One of my favorite things to bake is quick bread, they are simple to make and always turn out moist and delicious.
Growing up banana bread was one of my favorite things that my mom would bake for us, I could never get enough. When I got married I made it for my family and they were also fans of this easy bread. Now I have grandchildren who love to help me in the kitchen, quick bread recipes are always an easy recipe to have them help with.
I have expanded my quick bread recipes over the years, such as this carrot quick bread. The same concept as the banana bread, but offers a different and wonderful flavor. The carrots in the recipe help to make the bread moist and give a wonderful flavor.
What is the best way to shred carrots for this carrot quick bread?
I like using a box grater for this recipe. Using the box grater turns out the right size shredded carrots. When I have been in a hurry I have used a food processor. The carrots turn out a little finer when using the food processor, but it will work for this recipe.
Is it okay if your carrot quick bread has a crack or cracks on the top of the bread?
Yes, a lot of quick breads will crack on top of the loaf, this is normal.
How will you know when your quickbread is done?
To test for doneness, insert a wooden pick in the center of the loaf. If the wooden pick comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs sticking to the wooden pick, the loaf is done. Remove the loaf from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
Steps to making carrot quickbread:
First: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Shred the carrots. Mix together the dry ingredients (excluding the pecans) and set aside.
Second: Mix together the vegetable oil and sugar until blended. Add the eggs and mix in.
Third: Add the dry ingredients and mix together. Add the pecans and carrots and fold in until just blended. Pour into the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
Check out these other quick bread recipes:
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 by 5 loaf pan.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (excluding the nuts) and set aside.
- Mix together the vegetable oil and sugar until well combined. Add the eggs and mix just until the are blended in.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix in until blended.
- Add the shredded carrots and pecan and fold in just until they are combined.
- Pour into the preheated oven and back 55 to 60 minutes. Test with a wooden pick for doneness.
- Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack for cool for 10 to 15 minutes remove from the loaf pan and continue to cool.
- Once cooled store in an airtight container.
- Do not over bake the bread. 10 minutes before the baking time is up check the bread for doneness.
- Use a wooden pick for doneness. If the wooden pick comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs attached to it, you know that it is done.
- Do not worry if the top of the loaf is cracked. It is normal for quick breads tops to have cracks in them.
- Grease and flour the pans for easily removal.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Carrot Quick Bread can be frozen for a later date.