Banana nut bread is a moist quick bread, it is one of my all-time favorite breads to eat. This bread is moist and tender and comes together quickly.
I grew up eating this banana nut bread. This is the recipe that my mom used to make banana bread when I was growing up. It is probably one of the most basic banana nut recipes that you will come across. But it truly is my favorite banana nut bread. It is the only banana nut bread recipe that I have ever baked.
This banana nut bread is one of those recipes that you probably have all the ingredients right now in your kitchen. You will love the aroma as it bakes in the kitchen.
I like to slather butter on my banana bread, but if you prefer you can enjoy the bread by itself. This recipe will not disappoint.
You will probably have all of these ingredients in your kitchen to make this recipe.
- Sugar – Granulated sugar
- Butter – Room temperature
- Eggs – Room temperature
- Flour – All-purpose flour will work
- Banana – The bananas should be ripe, the riper the better.
- Nuts – Pecans or walnut work great for this recipe. If you don’t like nuts they can be omitted, I have made this bread many times without the nuts and it is still delicious.
- Make sure to grease and flour your bread pan, so that the loaf comes out easily.
- Use a toothpick to test for doneness. Insert the pick in the center of the bread and if a few moist crumbs come out with the pick you know the bread is done.
- Don’t worry if the bread has a crack on top, that will not affect the taste of the bread
- Let the bread cool in the pan for a few minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan for the bread to come out easily. Set on a cooling rack and continue to cool completely.
- This bread freezes well.
Steps for making banana nut bread:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the bread pan. Mash the bananas.
In a medium bowl cream together the sugar and butter with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix them in.
Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and mix in.
Add the mashed bananas and mix until blended. Fold in the nuts
Pour the batter in the prepared bread pan.
Place the bread in the preheated oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes
Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack for a few minutes.
Run a knife around the edge of the pan and remove the bread from the bread pan. Set on a cooling rack and continue to cool until it is cooled.
Here are some more quick bread recipes:
Banana Nut Bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 to 1 cup of chopped nuts walnuts or pecans work best
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a bread pan.
- In a medium bowl cream together the sugar and butter with an electric mixer.
- Add and mix the eggs into the batter.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and mix in.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix until well blended.
- Fold in the chopped nuts
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake 55 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack.
- Remove from pan.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Grease and flour a bread pan for easy removal
- Use bananas that are ripe.
- Use a knife to run around the edge of the pan before removing the bread, this will help remove the bread easily.
- This bread freezes well.
This recipe was originally published on November 4, 2016. It has been updated with new content and pictures on December 16, 2019.