- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 1/2 cup carrots shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 by 5 loaf pan.
Sift together the dry ingredients (excluding the nuts) and set aside.
Mix together the vegetable oil and sugar until well combined. Add the eggs and mix just until the are blended in.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix in until blended.
Add the shredded carrots and pecan and fold in just until they are combined.
Pour into the preheated oven and back 55 to 60 minutes. Test with a wooden pick for doneness.
Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack for cool for 10 to 15 minutes remove from the loaf pan and continue to cool.
Once cooled store in an airtight container.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with brands of ingredients used.
- Do not over bake the bread. 10 minutes before the baking time is up check the bread for doneness.
- Use a wooden pick for doneness. If the wooden pick comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs attached to it, you know that it is done.
- Do not worry if the top of the loaf is cracked. It is normal for quick breads tops to have cracks in them.
- Grease and flour the pans for easily removal.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Carrot Quick Bread can be frozen for a later date.
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16.5g | Saturated Fat: 3.1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 320mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 17.5g | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg