Taco tater tot casserole, simple ingredients for a super cheesy casserole that will be one of your favorites.
If you stop by my blog from time to time you will hear me say that I like simple things. You know simple foods, simple recipes, simple flavors and the list could go on and on. Today’s post is all about simple; well that is all but the taste of the dish. This taco tater tot casserole is all about taking simple ingredients and turning them into something totally delicious.
What could be simpler than tater tots, ground beef, black beans, diced tomatoes and cheddar cheese? These are the main ingredients in this taco tater tot casserole. You may have these in your kitchen right now.
The ground beef is browned and seasoned with a package of taco seasoning or if you make your own taco seasoning you can use that instead. After the ground beef is browned and seasoning is added, you add the black beans, green chilis, sour cream, and cheddar cheese and mix it all together.
Put this in a baking dish and then top it with tater tots. You bake this in an oven at 400 degrees F for about 30 to 40 minutes and then add more cheddar cheese and bake for about another 5 minutes so the cheese over top gets all melted and gooey.
The taco tater tot casserole is one that you will have a hard time to stop eating. It makes a large pan and you know that it is just as good the second time around. So don’t worry if you have leftovers.
So after all this, I hope you can see when I say I love simple things such as this taco tater tot casserole. Really couldn’t be simpler to make, but it is something that tastes wonderful.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 14- ounce can black beans
- 1/4 cup green chilis
- 1 14.5- ounce can dice tomatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 to 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 16- ounce bag tater tots
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once the ground beef is browned remove any excess fat and mix in the taco seasoning.
- Mix in the black beans, green chilis, tomatoes, sour cream and 2 cups of the cheddar cheese.
- Pour into a 9 by 13-inch baking pan and top with the tater tots.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining cheese.
- Place back into the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
If you like this recipe you may like this one as well.