Potato and pepper fritters… so tasty and crispy.
Woo-hoo! It’s the weekend. I love when 5:00 rolls around on Friday and I know that I have the whole weekend to unwind after a long week of work. I just found out that I get to babysit for my granddaughter tomorrow evening, so I am sure that is going to be lots of fun. Maybe we will do a little baking, it is never too early to start them in the kitchen.
I have a side dish today to share with you on this Friday.
If you look through my blog you will see a number of different potato recipes. A few posts ago I wrote about a pizza stuffed baked potato that was a meal by itself. As I mentioned earlier this time around is all about the side dish. I love crispy fried potatoes. Who doesn’t, right??
This is a simple dish that is tasty and easy to make. Another thing I love about this, it will go with just about any meal. Yes, I was having a hard time deciding what I wanted for a side dish for Sunday dinner, when potato fritters popped in my head. It is funny how things happen like that. I had just purchased a beautiful green and red pepper the day before and I thought wow, potatoes and peppers, perfect.
The potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender in the inside. The peppers give them a little more flavor and I love the green and red colors sprinkled in with the potatoes. The perfect side dish.
- 2 medium potatoes I used russets
- 2 tablespoons red peppers finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers finely chopped'
- 1 tablespoon onion finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- Prepare the peppers and onions and set aside.Peel the potatoes and grate the potatoes. Place on a paper towel to adsorb any liquid. In a medium bowl place the potatoes, peppers, onions, Parmesan cheese, and egg. Scoop out about a 1/4 of a cup of the potatoes and form into patties. Continue until all the potatoes have been made into patties.
- Add olive oil to a skillet until the bottom is covered. Heat over medium heat, once the oil is heated place the potato fritters into the skillet. Fry for about 5 minutes or until the fritters are golden brown, flip and continue to fry the other side until golden brown for about another 5 minutes. Flip again and continue to fry for about another 5 minutes, in all about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender in the inside. Season with salt, to taste. Watch fritters as they fry so they do not burn. Serve immediately.