If you look at my posts this week you will see that they are all breakfast recipes. Breakfast, by far is my favorite meal of the day. I love coffee cakes and this lemon ginger coffee cake, is perfect for a quick breakfast.
I have mentioned that I get stuck on flavors. Right now it’s all about ginger. It is has been my favorite spice for the last couple of weeks; it seems like I can’t get enough of it. I love the combinations of citrus with ginger, I added to my smoothie that I posted last week that had orange, I have made lemon and ginger cookies.
I want to mention that this will be a short post today. I did something to my back this week. Sitting here at the computer is a hard thing to do for me.
I love this coffee cake so I wanted to make sure that it got posted this week. If you like the combination of ginger with citrus you are sure going to love this coffee cake. It’s a moist lemony coffee cake with a hint of ginger. Oh, of course, it has a yummy crumble too. Crumble is a must when you are baking a coffee cake, well at least in my book.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1 cup sugar, salt, and ginger. In another bowl combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, milk, 1/2 cup melted butter, and eggs. Add the wet mixture to the dry and fold together, just until the ingredients are combined. Spread the mixture in the prepared springform pan.
- For the crumble combine the 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, and the 1/4 cup softened butter, with a fork or by hand mix until the mixture is crumbled. Spread over top of the coffee cake.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 to 27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake come out clean
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a cooling rack.
The Happy Whisk
This looks so delicious.
I love cakes.
My cooking blog is in English with Google translation.
Hope you liked.
I love this cake Dawn !
Look absolutely delicious !!!
Karen (Back Road Journal)
Two of my favorite flavors so I know I would enjoy your coffee cake. We have friends staying with us this week and this sounds like something I think they might enjoy either for breakfast or as a snack. I’ve pinned this nice sounding coffee cake.
David | Spiced
I love coffee cake, too, Dawn! I’d definitely put coffee cake up there as one of my top 3 weaknesses when it comes to food. I’ve never had a coffee cake with ginger in it, though…what a fun flavor combo you’ve got here! Sign me up for a slice (or two)! 🙂
This looks amazingly delicious!
What unlike about the recipe is the combo.. It has lemon and ginger-all time classic combo.it is just perfect to rock any tea party