The perfect sandwich to start your day or perhaps to serve for lunch or even dinner.
This week on my blog I will have a breakfast theme going on. Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day. If I have it said once I have said it a dozen times on this blog I wake ready to eat everyday; its been this way my whole life. I never can understand people that say they are not hungry in the morning.
Eggs and avocado have been on my mind for sometime. Of late it seems like I have been a little obsessed with avocados. I have been eating them with numerous things and I have been wanting to try them with eggs. So nights when I can’t sleep I have been trying to think of ways that I could incorporated eggs and avocado into something yummy to make.
The more I thought about it, the more a simple sandwich started to sound better and better. I love the combination of avocado, onion and garlic; that combination became the spread for this egg sandwich. I had wanted to go with bacon, because bacon is always a good thing when it comes to eggs, but not everyone loves bacon in our house like I do. How can that be?!? Really, that is true I have someone in the family that refuses to eat bacon. So I decided to use Canadian bacon in its place along with a some Swiss cheese.
Eggs and avocado are definitely a great combination.
- 1 avocado
- ⅓ cup tomato chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons onion chopped
- Lime juice from half of a lime
- Salt to taste
- 3 to 4 bagels
- 3 to 4 eggs
- Canadian bacon
- Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spread- In a small (mini) food processor add avocado, tomato, garlic, and onion. Process the mixture until the avocado is smooth, you may have bits of tomato which is okay. Add the lime juice and salt and process until they are blended in. Set aside.
- In a small skillet heat the Canadian bacon until heated through. Once completed add a small amount of butter and fry eggs. While the eggs are frying toast the bagels.
- Spread the toasted bagels with the avocado spread, arrange a couple of piece of Canadian bacon on top of the avocado spread, top with slices of Swiss cheese, place the fried egg on top of the cheese, and add the top of the bagel.