Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookies chewy cookies that are loaded with chocolate chip, caramel bits and topped with coarse sea salt.
Chocolate chip salted caramel cookies takes chocolate chip cookies to a whole new level.
I have to say that I am super excited to share this recipe with you today. Do you love chocolate chip cookies? Do you love salted caramel? If you answered yes to these two questions, you are going to love these cookies.
My go-to cookie has been chocolate chip cookies forever. I mean I have made a ton of chocolate chip cookies over the years. Then things changed one day when Mike and I stopped for a sandwich at a fast food restaurant. They had chocolate chip salted caramel cookies for sale; they looked delicious.
We didn’t buy a cookie that day, but I put those cookies in the back of mind until I had time to bake them. I have to tell you I love the flavor that the caramel and salt add to these cookies. Yes, I still love my chocolate chip cookies, but oh wow chocolate chip salted caramel cookies are something to write home about.
One thing about me is that I love a lot of chocolate chips in my cookies. So you will find two cups of chocolate chips in these cookies. I also like brown sugar in my cookies, but I always add some granulated sugar to the cookies.
I like my cookies that are chewy, but not overbaked I don’t like cookies that are too crunchy. You will find that these cookies are all of that and more.
Have you started your cookie list for the holidays yet? You will need to add these cookies to your list I am sure that your family will love them. Chocolate chip salted caramel cookies are going to be on Christmas cookie list, for sure.
Looking for other cookie recipes for the holidays? Check out these cookies:
Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookies
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel bits
- Coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by greasing or lining the pan with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. In a mixing bowl beat together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat until well blended. Mix in the vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat until well combined. Add the chocolate chip and caramel bits and stir in by hand or a spatula.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto the prepared baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool cookies on baking sheet until set about a minute or so, remove from baking sheet and place on cooling rack and cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container.