Pumpkin cream cheese bundt cake is a dense moist cake that it is the perfect fall cake and may be the perfect dessert for your Thanksgiving Dinner.
Pumpkin cream cheese bundt cake is made with ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen right this minute.
I bought a bundt cake pan a few years back thinking that I would use it a lot. But the fact is that a bundt cake is too much cake for Mike and me. So I reserve the bundt cakes for when we have a family gathering. That was the case with this pumpkin cream cheese bundt cake; it was served as part of a birthday celebration.
As I have mentioned before we make a birthday dinner for each our kids and kid-in-laws when they have a birthday and they get to choose the menu. It was our daughter-in-laws birthday when I made this cake. She actually requested a chocolate peanut butter pie for her birthday dessert, but I have one person that is not a peanut butter fan. So I took advantage of the day and made this bundt cake.
Even though chocolate peanut butter pie was the birthday dessert, the bundt cake was enjoyed by the family. We are definitely a family that loves their pumpkin desserts.
The pumpkin cream cheese bundt cake is one of those cakes that are super moist and if there are any leftovers it gets moister as time goes by. And of course, it has all of my favorite fall spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
I topped this cake with a Penuche frosting, but a cream cheese frosting would be equally as yummy.
Lookin for more cake recipes? Check these out:
- Apple Peanut Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- Buckeye Fudge Layer Cake
- Orange Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
Cream cheese filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch bundt cake pan
- Combine the oil, 3 eggs, pumpkin, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until blended.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices add to the batter and mix until blended. Set aside.
- For the cream cheese filling. With an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sugar and beat in. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Take the cake batter and put 1/2 of the batter into the prepared cake pan. Spread the cream cheese on top of the batter. Spoon the remaining cake batter over the cream cheese.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes, then remove cake from the cake pan onto a cake platter. Cool completely
- For the frosting. Add the brown sugar, cream, and butter in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil for a few minutes. Remove from heat and beat in enough powdered sugar to make the right consistency to drizzle over top of the cooled cake.