Blueberry Lemon Cream Cheese Muffins are super moist muffins bursting with the taste of lemon and filled with sweet blueberries.
These blueberry lemon cream cheese muffins are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. I love the combination of the blueberries and the lemon. And the lemon icing adds an additional burst of lemon flavor to these moist muffins.
I have to admit I get really excited when blueberries come into season. They definitely are one of my favorite summertime fruits. I love eating them fresh, but most of all I love to bake them into dessert or breakfast foods like these muffins.
Also, when baking with them I love to add a little lemon or citrus flavor, I love the combination of the two flavors.
How to make these blueberries lemon cream cheese muffins:
Muffins are easy to make and one of my favorite breakfast foods. For this recipe, you start out with beating the cream cheese until it is fluffy. This helps to blend the cream cheese in with the other ingredients.
Beat in the butter and then the sugar. You can add both eggs in at one time and mix them in. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and milk and incorporate into the batter.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the batter, make sure not to overbeat once you add the dry ingredients. Fold in the blueberries.
Bake in an oven that is preheated to 375 degrees F. for 16 to 18 minutes. Cool completely before topping them with the icing. You can freeze these muffins, but I would suggest icing the muffins after you take them out of the freezer and they are thawed.
Do you know the nutritional benefits of blueberries? Here are a few of the benefits:
- They are high in antioxidants
- Full of vitamin C
- They are low in calories and high in nutrients
- Fight inflammation
Check these muffin recipes:
Blueberry Lemon Cream Cheese Muffins
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 -4 teaspoons lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or line muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the butter and mix until blended.
- Add the sugar to the cream cheese mixture and mix until incorporated. Mix in the eggs.
- Add the lemon zest and mix in. Mix in the lemon juice and milk.
- Sift together the flour, baking, soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and on the low speed of the mixer, mix in just until the flour is mixed in.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the muffin tins so that they are about 3/4 of the way full. Place in the preheated oven and bake 16 to 18 minute. The edges should be lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- While the muffins are cooling mix together the icing.
- In a small bowl add the powdered sugar gradually add the lemon juice until the right consistency. Beat with a spoon until the icing is smooth. Drizzle the icing over the muffins.
- These are best eaten fresh. They can be frozen, but I would add the icing after they are taken out of the freezer and defrosted.