Tasty shrimp burger with avocado mayonnaise.
I remember back in my college days, going out with friends and ordering a shrimp burger. That was my first and last shrimp burger. I can’t even recall what it tasted like… I am not even sure why I remember it, but I am sure I have it stuck in my memory for some reason.
Maybe that is how these shrimp burgers came about or maybe not. I had bought some shrimp and wanted to try something new. Shrimp burgers came to mind… maybe it was the whole college thing, who knows.
I asked Adam what he thought of the burger idea. My son Adam has been my dinner date of late, since Mike has been traveling a lot of late. Adam is always willing to try new things, which is lucky for me. Since he didn’t think it was a half bad idea, I decided on making these burgers.
As always or at least most of the time I went with some simple flavors. I did add onion and a clove of garlic to spice it up a bit. Which if you aren’t the fan like I am of onion please feel free to use less of it than I did.
I served the burgers with avocado mayonnaise, that I have served with shrimp wraps before. I am not sure if these shrimp burgers were like the one that I had years ago, but I know one thing they were really tasty.
- 1 pound raw shrimp
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons onion finely minced
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- Add the onion and garlic to a food processor (a mini one works great) and process until finely chopped/minced. Set this aside. Process the shrimp also in a food processor, pulse until the shrimp is finely chopped.
- In a small bowl add the seasoning and mix together.
- In a medium bowl add all of the ingredients together and mix until well blended. Divide into 4 equal portions and form into burgers. Place in the refrigerator while making the avocado mayonnaise.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet (enough oil to coat the skillet well) over medium heat. Place the shrimp burgers into the heated pan, cook for 5 minutes or until the shrimp is turning pink and the burger is turning lightly brown. Flip the shrimp burger and continue to cook on the other side for another 5 minutes. Take into mind that the time may differ, it depends on how thick the burgers are and every stove heats a little differently. Watch carefully so the burgers do not burn.