Oven roasted baby potatoes, delicious potatoes that are roasted to perfection, the potatoes’ skins are slightly crisp and the insides are creamy.
Oven-roasted baby potatoes are left whole for roasting. I love the small potatoes, not only are they cute but they are tasty too.
I think the secret to the best-roasted potatoes is to parboil them until they are fork-tender first and then roast them. I have roasted baby potatoes in many different ways with butter, olive oil, on-sheet pans, and the list goes on and on.
But I have to say that this method of roasting potatoes is by far the best way that I have found.
I know what you are thinking that this method takes more time, but trust me they are worth the extra time. It may not be your go-to potato during the week, but they are perfect for the weekend.
We love potatoes in our house, Mike loves baked potatoes and I love French fries. With these roasted potatoes we both get a potato that we love. So it is a win-win situation.
A couple more things to keep in mind when draining the potatoes after they are cooked, use a slotted spoon to remove them from the pan, this way they stay whole and they don’t break up. Place them in a colander so that they dry and are not wet.
Here is what to do after the potatoes are drained. Lightly toss the potatoes with olive oil, sea salt, and parsley, and then place them in a preheated oven and bake until the skins are brown and slightly crispy. Serve immediately.
I hope you will try these Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes!
Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- 2 pounds baby potatoes like Yukon gold
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Wash the potatoes and place in a large pan. Add cold water so that the potatoes are just covered. Add 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the water. Over medium-high heat bring the potatoes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook the potatoes until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Once the potatoes are cooked remove them with a slotted spoon and place them in a colander. Make sure the potatoes are thoroughly drained. Toss the potatoes with olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and parsley.
- Line a jelly roll pan with tin foil and place the potatoes on the pan. Make sure that there is a single layer and the potatoes are not touching. Flip the potatoes over half-way through the roasting time. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the skins are slightly crispy. Serve with your favorite meal.