Cranberry Orange Quick Bread a sweet bread made with orange zest, freshly squeezed orange juice, and fresh or frozen cranberries.
This cranberry orange quick bread is something that the whole family loves. Cranberry and orange are one of my favorite combinations at the time of year.
Quick bread has always been a part of my Christmas celebrations. When I was a kid my mom made a date and pear bread that was out of this world. She would make a large batch of the stuff and freeze several loaves of it so that we have it through the holiday season.
Unfortunately, my family would not touch this date and pear bread, so I had to find something to replace it with. This cranberry orange quick bread is something that my family does not turn their noses up at.
Which is better to use frozen or fresh cranberries when baking?
I find that either the frozen or the fresh work well when using them for baked goods. For this bread, I used frozen cranberries, but you could use fresh ones.
Do you have to use fresh squeezed orange juice for this recipe?
Fresh orange juice is the best, but you can substitute store boughten juice if you do not have oranges.
Do you love quick bread? Check out these other recipes:
Cranberry Orange Quick Bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 orange zested
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh cranberries chopped
For the glaze
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 small orange orange juice freshly squeezed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bread pan and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Mix in the zest from the orange followed by mixing in the eggs.
- Add the orange juice and mix until blended. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda,, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and mix in.
- Add the chopped cranberries and fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- For the glaze mix the juice from a small orange and the sugar together until the sugar dissolves. When the bread is taken out of the oven pour the glaze over top of the bread and let it soak in.
- Cool the bread in the pan while the glaze is soaking into the bread. Then remove and let cool completely on a cooling rack.