Baked cheddar cauliflower tots, this is a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies.
I remember when my kids were little; it was always a chore to get them to eat their vegetables. To tell the truth, even now that they are adults it is still a chore to get them to eat their vegetables. It is too bad I didn’t know about these baked cheddar cauliflower tots when my kids were little, maybe they would eat more vegetables today.
I have bought tater tots from the grocery store for years. I love tater tots, well maybe it’s because I love potatoes. Recently I have seen tots made out of broccoli on a few blogs. I got it in my head to try cauliflower instead of the broccoli. I have used cauliflower instead of potatoes in this recipe for cauliflower potato salad and it was really hard to tell that it was cauliflower and not potatoes.
I had my son try some of these baked cheddar cauliflower tots. I didn’t tell him that they weren’t made with potatoes and he was munching on them, I mentioned to him that they were made out of cauliflower. He was quite amazed that they were cauliflower.
These baked cheddar cauliflower tots are actually fun to make. They do take a bit of time to form into the tots, but it is well worth it if it means that your kids will be eating more vegetables.
Do you like eating tater tots? Have you tried making homemade vegetable tots? If not you should really try these baked cheddar cauliflower tots.
Baked Cheddar Cauliflower TotsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 cups cauliflower cooked
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Cook the cauliflower until it is fork tender. Cool and run it through a food processor until in small pieces (around the size of pieces of rice).
- Combine the cauliflower with the rest of the ingredients.
- Take about a tablespoon of the mixture and with the palm of your hand, form the mixture in the tots.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- As you form the tots place them on the prepared baking pan.
- Place the tots into the prepared oven. Bake for 10 minutes and then turn them over and continue to bake them for another 8 minutes.
- Serve them with ketchup or they taste great all by themselves.