This creamy fruit salad has been one of the favorite salads in our house for many years. I was given the recipe by my sister-in-law when I was first married.
We celebrated our granddaughter’s 4th birthday this weekend. It is so hard to believe that she is 4 years old already. She starts preschool next week. Wow! I really find it hard to believe. Can someone slow time just a bit? It’s going way too fast.
Our granddaughter’s birthday party was on Sunday and I was in charge of the fruit salad. I wanted to make a new salad, something that I could bring to the party but also share on this blog. You know, killing two birds with one stone… as the saying goes. But with the busy weekend, I didn’t have time to think of something new.
So I turned to an old favorite, creamy fruit salad. Something that I knew everyone would enjoy and something that is fast to make. Oh, and one more thing about this salad it makes a lot, enough to feed a lot of people.
This creamy fruit salad can be made at any time of the year with ease. It uses all canned fruit; I like to go with the fruit that is packed in its natural juices. A couple of small packages of instant vanilla pudding and a small container of cool whip and you are set to go.
Another thing that I like about this creamy fruit salad is that it last for days in the refrigerator. It makes a large salad so normally I have leftovers for a few days. And even if you have it a couple of days after it is made it will taste just as yummy as it did the day that it was made.
If you are looking for a crowd pleaser, try this salad, you won’t hear any complaints.
- 1 medium can pineapple chunk
- 1 medium can fruit cocktail
- 1 medium can peaches
- 1 small can mandarin oranges
- 1 small container cool whip
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- Cut the peaches into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl combine all of the fruit with the juice, except the juice of the mandarin oranges. The juice of the mandarin oranges will be discarded.
- Stir in the cool whip.
- Add the pudding and mix until everything is combined well.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow the salad to set up for a least 15 minutes.
- It is ready to serve.