- 1 medium cabbage shredded
- 1 large cucumber thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots sliced
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons salt
Combine the cabbage, cucumber, carrots, green pepper, and onion in a large bowl.
In a small bowl combine the vinegar, sugar, oil, and salt and whisk well.
Pour over the cabbage mixture and toss until well blended. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Drain some of the excess liquid if needed.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with the brands of ingredients used.
- To make the recipe faster you can buy shredded cabbage from the store. If you are using a head of cabbage, use a food processor.
- You don't have to peel the cucumber if you do not want to. I like leaving the peel on.
- If you like you can use an English cucumber in the salad instead of a regular one.
- There will be a lot of liquid that will form after you make the salad, you can drain some off if you like, but it does not hurt the salad to leave it in.
- The salad can be store in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.1g | Protein: 1.1g | Fat: 7.4g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 193mg | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 13.2g | Calcium: 34mg