- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 10 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 pound cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 large chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cubed avocado
- 1/2 medium chopped green pepper
- Additional topping of your choice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the seasoning together and set aside
Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Once the oil is heated add the chicken breast and cook until no longer pink inside. Time will vary depending on the size of the chicken breast.
Once the chicken breasts are cooked remove the chicken from the skillet. Using two forks to shred the chicken.
Add the chicken back to the skillet and add the chicken broth and seasoning. Cook another 2 to 3 minutes to blend the flavors.
In another cast-iron skillet place a layer of the tortilla chips using 1/3 of the chips. Top the layer of chips with 1/3 of the chicken and then the cheese. Repeat these steps two more times so that there are three layers
Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 5 to 15 minutes or until is melted. Add your favorite toppings and serve.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with the brands of ingredients used.
- If you don't have a cast-iron skillet a rimmed sheet pan can be used.
- Use a good melting cheese, such as cheddar, mozzarella, pepper jack, or your favorite cheese that melts well.
- Use chips that are sturdy that can handle the toppings.
- Serve right away.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 36.5g | Fat: 18.2g | Saturated Fat: 7.8g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 729mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 3.1g | Sugar: 1.3g | Calcium: 865mg | Iron: 2mg